ASSAM ERI SILK STOLES - Yellow - Set of 2
Beautiful Stoles in Ahimsa Silk from Assam
The stoles are intricately woven with a combination of 100% authentic Eri Silk & Cotton. Eri Silk is indigenous to Assam and is found nowhere else in the world apart from Assam and in the foothills of Meghalaya. Eri Silk has elevated the rank of Assam to top, in the sericulture map of the world. Among all the uniqueness of Eri Silk, the highlight is that Eri culture is the only culture that does not involve killing of silk moths in the yarn producing process. Therefore Eri is also known as Non-Violent Silk (NVS), owing to this reason.
The handlooms of Assam are noted for their various indigenous artistic designs. Not only the motifs and designs, colours too play a vital role in the textile tradition of Assam. Presenting a traditional yet trendy stole by the artisans with exemplary weaving skills . These turmeric yellow coloured stoles can be paired with both Indian and Western outfit and can be styled in a number of ways.
• Super smooth, dense and coarse texture, matt appearance, and dull golden yellow sheen.
• Isothermal properties (cool in summers and warm in winters). It also has high Moisture absorbent qualities. So Eri silk is valued for its strength and thermal insulating properties. Very comfortable and the advantage of being hand spun.
• Normally associated as a winter wear
• Eri is not as expensive as the other categories of silks produced. So, it is also known as the poor person’s silk. Eri Silk is also considered as the Silk of the poor.
• The significance of Eri lies in the fact that it is a pride of Assam in the sericulture tradition, for Eri is indigenous to the state and supreme in quality.
• Dry clean only
• Store in clean and dry place, away from insects, dust, excessive light & moisture
• Color hues may slightly vary from that which appears in the image