Cherial Mask Making Workshop | Pune
Indic Inspirations brings to you Cherial Mask Making Workshop by Master Artisan Sai Kiran Varma who will be among us in Pune coming all the way from Telangana.
This will be a 3 hours workshop which will be taking place at 5 different venues in Pune & 1 Online session on zoom.
Participants registering locally for pune will get all the requirements at the venue itself & the ones registering for the Online Zoom Session will be delivered a kit at their doorstep.
Date, Timings & Venues are as follows :-
- FRIDAY, May 27th - 10 am to 1 pm- Asher’s Art Studio (Lower Parijat, Row house no 74, Rohan Mithila, Viman nagar, Pune 411014)
FRIDAY, May 27th - 4 pm to 7 pm- Ecour Studio (7 Dattaprasad 1206 B/7, off JM Road. In the lane of Shubham hotel . Shivajinagar pune 411004)
- SATURDAY, May 28th -10 am to 1 pm - Indic Inspirations Experience Center & Lounge Store (Munshi Chambers, Near Passport Office, Koregoan Park Annex, Ghorpadi Mundhwa Road, Pune 411036)
- SATURDAY, May 28th - 4 pm to 7 pm - Marshall Book Cafe (Aundh Opposite Pandit Bheemsen Joshi Auditorium, near PMRDA Office, Bremen Chowk, Pune, Maharashtra 411067)
- SUNDAY, May 29th-10 am to 1 pm - Zoom Online (Kits will be delivered at your doorstep)
- SUNDAY, May 29th- 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm - Urja Art Studio (Off Datta Mandir Road, Society Gate-2, opp. 1, Wakad, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Maharashtra 411057)
Registration Fees :- ₹ 2500/- Only
(Participants will get all the requirements at the venue itself)
(Participant registering for zoom session will be delivered a kit at their doorstep)
For Details: - WhatsApp/Call: - +91 8411875144
Cherial art form, a 400-year-old traditional art began with scroll painting which is a styled version of Nakashi Art, presently made only in Hyderabad, Telangana. It comes under traditional paintings which are also used for storytelling. The process includes a few steps like:- Sculpting, Plastering, Bandaging, Smoothening, Coloring, Varnishing.
Sai Kiran, the son of state award winners D. Nageshwar and D.Padma, hails from Rangareddy district Telangana. Sai Kiran learnt this art form from his grandfather and father- D Nageshwar Rao Nakash, a Cherial scroll painting expert. He studied Fine Arts from Sri Venkateswara College of Fine Arts, Madhapur. He is the fourth generation in this artistic family. Sai Kiran started conducting workshops at the age of 17 years for schools, colleges and corporate sectors and is continuing well.