INDIAN RAILWAYS | Vande Bharat Express
Indian Railways with more than 160 years of rich history; presents a wide spectrum of the national heritage of India. The story of India’s Railways is closely woven into the social fabric of the country and has helped transport the aspirations and dreams of millions of Indians. Many of their life memories are intertwined with the large network and experiences of train travel. Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18 which is India’s first indigenous Semi High Speed, Engine-less train.Vande Bharat Express is the next major leap for Indian Railways in terms of speed and convenience.
The Train18, later named Vande Bharat Express, was rolled out by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai under the Indian government’s Make in India initiative.
- The train was launched on 15 February 2019.
- It was showcased as India’s first semi high-speed train with an operational efficiency of 160 kmph.
- As of Oct 2022, the Indian Railways operates four Vande Bharat trains, from Delhi to Varanasi, from Delhi to Katra, from Mumbai to Gandhinagar and from Delhi to Andaura
- Vande Bharat trains are self-propelled “engineless” train sets.
- Its faster acceleration and deceleration results in reduced train travel time.
- Some of its passenger friendly features include; European-style seats, diffused LED lighting, GPS-based infotainment systems, modular bio-toilets, fully sealed gangways for dust-free environment, centrally controlled entry/exit doors with sliding footsteps, divyang friendly toilet and automatic sliding cabin doors.
Many of the Vande Bharat travelers’ life memories are intertwined with the large network and experiences of train travel. They have many memories associated with these journeys and would like to take away and keep memories of this journey in the form of Vande Bharat Express train-themed merchandise.
The railway means different things to different enthusiasts. This collection is a tribute to the rail heritage of the country. It consists of a selection of locomotive models, gifts, homewares, posters, postcards, apparel, books and collectibles depicting the glorious past of Indian Railways. The collection offers many memories and stories of Indian Railways to India’s citizens through objects. The items can be used to explain Indian culture and heritage of Indian Railways - Perfect gifts for train enthusiasts and railway fans.