JRD Tata First Flight Karachi to Bombay | DIY Kit
India was the pioneer of Civil Aviation in Asia - Tata Airlines with JRD Tata’s first flight on Oct, 15th, 1932 from Karachi to Bombay started it all! It created aviation history when JRD Tata flew with airmail. JRD Tata’s historic flight carrying airmail marked the birth of commercial air transport in India is recreated through this airplane model kit. This was the first flight of the Aviation Division of Tata Sons Ltd., and was in one sense the first flight ever by a truly Indian enterprise. Tata Airlines was nationalised to Air India and is now back with the Tata Group!
This DIY Scale Model is a mix of artisanship and pure engineering - built by proud, young designers who saw the scale model project as a way to express their admiration for JRD Tata's work - Made in Birch Ply with all the details of JRD Tata's Flight scale model is a collector's item! A model to inspire you about planes, aviation, India’s history, legacy of JRD Tata. Make it yourself to display it proudly in your house or office.
Make it | Keep on your Desk | Hang it in your room!
AIRCRAFT SCALE MODEL Scale 1:22 - DO IT YOURSELF ACTIVITY KIT: This DIY model is a model of the aircraft JRD Tata, with each piece crafted meticulously and aesthetically.
THE KIT INCLUDES -
- A Birch Plywood Sheet with Precise Laser Cutting Components (Can be pressed-out from the flat sheet to complete a fantastic 3-D model)
- A Metal Tweezer with pointed tips for grasping small parts
- A Propeller (Made of plastic)
- A Vertical stabiliser or tail fin (Made of Birch Plywood Sheet) with a sticker mentioning aircraft model name and launch date.
- A main landing gear wheel kit (Made of aluminum & plastic)
- 1 Glue for fixing the parts
- A piece of sand paper to scrap out the uneven surface of the model
- A Detailed Step-by-Step Aircraft Model Assembly Manual
- A Story Card
- HANDS ON LEARNING DIY KIT: It provides an active way of learning all about the stages of a aircraft and its functions! It is created to help kids+adults put together their own aircraft
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Grooves hold the parts of the aircraft together. Kids learn to snap fit parts of the aircraft model and create their own aircraft.
- DURABLE & HANDCRAFTED BY THE ARTISANS OF INDIA: The model is made of birch wood ply by the artisans of Mysore, India. The item is eco-friendly and sustainable.
- MADE WITH GREAT ATTENTION TO QUALITY and SAFETY: The Birch Plywood rocket model doesn’t have sharp edges and light weight so that kids can handle them easily. The material is hard, smooth with durable surface and superior resistance against humidity
- Can be used as a gift, show piece or collectible as well.
A very well made kit