Vande Bharat Express | 1:100 Scale Model
Vande Bharat | 1:100 Scale Model – is a mix of artisanship and pure engineering - built by proud, young designers who saw the scale model project as a way to express their admiration for Indian Railway's work. The Scale Model – is a collector's item to adorn your study or work desk at home or at the office!
- 1:100 Scale Vande Bharat Train - Single Coach model.
- Carefully scaled and engineered from original drawings of the Vande Bharat
- Material: A combination of ABS plastic, acrylic, MDF, 3D Printing Resins, Polycarbonate; Aluminium extruded rails
- All the details of the bogie, the rails, sleepers of the train track, the windows, step and handrail rails are meticulously re-constructed
- Comes with a dust proof clear acrylic display case/box with MDF base
- Great collectible for a rail enthusiast or anyone interested in the history of the railways. Also a wonderful decoration for your home, office, countertop.
- Perfect as a traveler's gift for the one who is fascinated by the romance of Indian Railways
History of Vande Bharat Express:
The Vande Bharat Express is an Indian semi-high speed, intercity, EMU train operated by the Indian Railways. It was designed and manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) at Perambur, Chennai under the Indian Government’s Make in India initiative, over a span of 18 months.
The unit cost is estimated to be 40% less than a similar train imported from Europe. The train was launched on 15 February 2019, and the service was named 'Vande Bharat Express' on 27 January 2019.
Vande Bharat Express (VB2) is designed to be capable of running at a maximum speed of 160 km/h (100 mph). The Vande Bharat Express exterior is of aerodynamic design, narrowing at each end of the train, designed to combat air resistance. It also has a driver cabin at each end, allowing for faster turnaround at terminating stations. The train has 16 passenger cars, with a seating capacity of 1,128 passengers. Two of the center compartments are first class compartments that seat 52 each, with the rest being coach compartments seating 78 each.
Alternate coaches are motorised to ensure even distribution of power and to help in quicker acceleration and deceleration. The gangways are interconnected and fully sealed to allow better mobility between coaches and to reduce noise respectively. The train also features GPIS-based passenger information system, bio-vacuum toilets, and rotational seats which can be aligned in the direction of travel. Train 18 employs a regenerative braking system.
Making of the Scale Model
The scale model, built by designers and engineers to meticulous attention to detail is a combination of aluminium, acrylic, ABS plastic and polycarbonate materials. All the details of the bogie, the rails, sleepers of the train track, the windows, step and handrails rails and are meticulously re-constructed. The rails on which the train model rests are built to the exact scales of the broad gauge rail system of India The design and manufacturing process involves 3 D drawings, 3D printing prototyping, laser cutting and other processes.