Saraswati Veena | Wooden Miniature
The Saraswati Veena / Thanjavur Veena, one of the most ancient Indian instruments, is a plucked stringed instrument used mainly in the south Indian - Carnatic classical musical. The Saraswati Veena, whose origins date back to around 1700 BCE, occupies a place of pride among Indian musical instruments. This miniature musical instrument narrates the fascinating story of India’s musical heritage. A perfect gift for musician!
- Made from assorted woods such Ghora-neem (Melia azedarach), Gamar (Gmelina arborea), Akashmoni (Acacia auriculiformis), teak wood and other local wood.
- Features a smooth rounded body with wood knobs and steel strings, lined with an intricate pattern.
- It elegantly mounted on a solid wood base.
- It's a unique piece of craft.
- It's an ideal product to be gifted to any music lover.
- Suitable for Home Decor, Music School Decor, Office Decor and Gifting purposes.
- Care Instruction: Wipe it Clean With Soft & Dry Cloth
India has a rich musical history with its very own musical instruments. The music of ancient India has its roots from the many indigenous instruments. As per Natya Shastra by Bharat Muni (composed between 200 BC and 200 AD) musical instruments are of four kinds, such as ‘stringed’ (tata), ‘covered’ (avanaddha), ‘solid’ (ghana) and ‘hollow’ (suṣira). Among these, the ‘stringed’ are those with strings, the ‘covered’ means the percussion instruments / drums, the ‘solid’ the cymbals and the ‘hollow’ the flutes. Some instruments are used primarily in North Indian music (Hindustani Sangeet), some are used in the south Indian music (Carnatic Sangeet), while others are found in folk music.
A few artisans of Midnapore, West Bengal make these miniature music instruments with all detailing and fine work to ensure the end product is an exact replica. This miniature instrument is handcrafted from solid well-seasoned wood with excellent craftsmanship of woodcarving.
The detailing on these miniature instruments is amazing!! They are of a great quality and look good.