Acoustic Guitar | Wooden Miniature
Most of the music exponents attribute the guitar as a western instrument but quite a few know that guitar was played in the ancient days in India during the Vedic period; the form of music was Samgan. The kachhapi veena was used in this period for solo performances and also as an accompanying instrument. This instrument later on is believed to have migrated to different parts of the world and acquired different names while it vanished from India. The classical gut-string guitar appeared in the musical circles in Madras around the 1840s. The steel string guitar has gained popularity in the North-East region of India and Goa and become mainstream Indian instruments in popular settings and have also occasionally been incorporated in Indian classical music, ghazals and other so-called “light music” forms in India. Acoustic guitars have 6 strings and are great for beginners as they are simple and easy to use.
This miniature musical instrument narrates the fascinating story of India’s musical heritage.
This miniature musical instrument narrates the fascinating story of India’s musical heritage. A perfect gift for musician!
- Made from assorted woods such as Ghora-neem (Melia azedarach), Gamar (Gmelina arborea), Akashmoni (Acacia auriculiformis), teak wood and other local wood.
- Features a smooth rounded body with wood knobs and steel strings, lined with an intricate pattern.
- It elegantly mounted on a solid wood base.
- It's a unique piece of craft.
- It's an ideal product to be gifted to any music lover.
- Suitable for Home Decor, Music School Decor, Office Decor and Gifting purposes.
- Care Instruction: Wipe it Clean With Soft & Dry Cloth
India has a rich musical history with its very own musical instruments. Some instruments are used primarily in North Indian music (Hindustani Sangeet), some are used in the south Indian music (Carnatic Sangeet), while others are found in folk music. The music of ancient India has its roots from the many indigenous instruments that gained wide use at the time such as the seven-holed flute and various stringed instruments.
A few artisans of Midnapore, West Bengal make these miniature music instruments with all detailing and fine work to ensure the end product is an exact replica. This miniature instrument is handcrafted from solid well-seasoned wood with excellent craftsmanship of woodcarving.
ahhhh.... i always wanted to have something like this