BANANA FIBER YOGA MAT
- This yoga mat is hand loomed with banana fiber (using the stem waste).
- The mat comes with a cotton bag.
- Soft as cotton and more durable than cotton
- Provides thermal comfort both in cold and warm climates
- Decomposes easily and completely when discarded
Craft Story: The making of banana fibre is interesting as it is created out of the best of agricultural waste. Tonnes of banana trunks are usually disposed after harvesting, from which banana fibre is extracted. The fibres are woven together with cotton yarns, which provide this mat with a softer and more comfortable feel. Banana fibre is known to be supple and is a known hypoallergenic (which means, it is relatively unlikely to cause an allergic reaction).
Check out our Unique Yoga Accessories Collection.