Butterflies of India
Butterflies, the winged jewels of nature, can be found in almost all terrestrial habitats in the Indian region. Their colours, whether resplendent or cryptic, reflect perfect adaptation to their natural surroundings. This fully illustrated colou guide with photographs of more than 1,000 species and subspecies of butterflies from the Indian subcontinent is valuable addition to the literature on Lepidoptera.
What to expect in the book!
- A field guide for butterfly identification which includes
- 1000+ species and subspecies of butterflies
- Covering butterfly fauna from almost every part of India as far Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Ladakh and Northeast India; also from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Myanmar
- With 1800+ colour images of butterflies from their natural habitats
- Simple descriptions with few technical terms
- Tips to attract these flying beauties to your garden
- Tips to make your garden a butterfly garden