Dholak | Wooden Miniature
Dholak - A two-headed hand drum, Dholak is a folk percussion instrument. The dholak is the most commonly played musical instrument in Northern India. Dholak can be played in three ways- on the player’s lap, while standing, or pressed down with one knee while sitting on the floor. It appears to be in barrel shape with simple skin covering on the right and left hand sides. The instrument is widely used at the Lavani – a traditional song and dance form of Maharashtra, Punjabi folkloric dance music called bhangra and other dance forms in India. The high pitch rhythm that is produced makes people experience an enthusiastic level and everybody would want to perform to the rhythm. In northern parts of India it becomes a must use instrument at occasions such as sangeet, traditional events and other singing competitions.
This miniature musical instrument narrates the fascinating story of India’s musical heritage. A perfect gift for musician!
- Made from assorted woods such as Ghora-neem (Melia azedarach), Gamar (Gmelina arborea), Akashmoni (Acacia auriculiformis), teak wood and other local wood.
- It elegantly mounted on a solid wood base.
- It's a unique piece of craft.
- It's an ideal product to be gifted to any music lover.
- Suitable for Home Decor, Music School Decor, Office Decor and Gifting purposes.
- Care Instruction: Wipe it Clean With Soft & Dry Cloth
India has a rich musical history with its very own musical instruments. Some instruments are used primarily in North Indian music (Hindustani Sangeet), some are used in the south Indian music (Carnatic Sangeet), while others are found in folk music. The music of ancient India has its roots from the many indigenous instruments that gained wide use at the time such as the seven-holed flute and various stringed instruments.
A few artisans of Midnapore, West Bengal make these miniature music instruments with all detailing and fine work to ensure the end product is an exact replica. This miniature instrument is handcrafted from solid well-seasoned wood with excellent craftsmanship of woodcarving.