Elā - Natural Mineral Colours
elā - Colours of the Earth!
Think of the pre-historic cave paintings of Bhimbetka or the Ajanta cave frescoes of 2nd Century BCE – no chemicals were used in these paintings and the world is still in awe! Colours that were made from minerals and plant materials! Mineral Colours were also traditionally used in the miniature paintings of Rajasthan. Colours for these paintings were prepared from sustainable, eco-friendly materials such as coloured dust, ochres and minerals. Colours were made from coloured minerals and mixed with gum and water for use. Goat Hair and other natural hair brushes and fine sticks were used for painting.
Heart for Art is proud to bring back the tradition of these natural colours – for you and the earth! Brought to you in a Heirloom Kit – to take care and preserve, as we help preserve the earth and its environment for future generations – just like our ancestors!
- Seven Mineral Colours- Red, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Green, Black and White (14 ml each)
- Three Cotton Canvases- 11x12 inches
- Natural Gum for mixing (14 ml)
- Paint Brushes nos. 1, 3, 6
- Wooden Painting Stick
- Eco Drawing Pencil
- Colour Mixing Palette
- Cleaning Rag
- Folk Paintings Info Card
- Care Card
- Natural Colours Chart
CARE & USAGE INSTRUCTIONS
- Mix the colours well before use to get the best consistency of colour.
- In case the colours dry out, add a little water and gum that’s provided in the bottle and mix well
- To remove the wrinkles from the canvas, iron before and after painting.
- Keep in cool place
Check out Our Unique Eco friendly products collection.