Ganesh Janani | Bengal Patachitra Painting | A3 Frame
In this framed A3 size Bengal Patachitra painting the goddess Durga / Parvati is portrayed as the mother of the infant Ganesha (the elephant-headed god).
Goddess Durga is known as the Mother of the Universe and the Goddess of Strength, Divine Mother and Protector. She is considered to be the power behind the work of preservation, creation, and destruction of the universe. She is also worshipped as the mother of Ganesha. According to a mythological story, Parvati created Ganesha from the dirt off her body while she was bathing. She then had Ganesha guard the entrance to her bathroom. When her husband, Shiva, came home, he was angry that a stranger blocked his access and cut off Ganesha’s head in a fit of rage. Parvati was struck with grief, and to console her, Shiva restored Ganesha to life, giving him an elephant head.
This painting will add beauty and brightness to your ethnic corner at your home- in the living room.
- Size: 11.69 Inch x 16.53 Inch
- Price is for framed painting.
- Handpainted in Bengal Pattachitra (Patua) style on paper with cloth backing.
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Brass chain at the back to hang the framed painting on the wall and to make sure it stays on the wall for years to come
- Artist: Suman Chitrakar
Artist- The painting is done by Suman Chitrakar, the Patua Artist from West Bengal.