Goddess Durga | Bengal Patachitra Painting | A4 Frame
This framed A4 size Bengal Patachitra painting is based on the theme of “Akaal (untimely) Bodhan (awakening) which is another name for the worship of Goddess Durga in the month of Ashwin. Akaal Bodhan literally means ‘untimed worship/awakening’. Here the worship is carried out in an unusual time, which is different from the customary time for worship, namely Basant (Spring). As per Ramayana, during the battle between Rama and Ravana, Rama and his brother Lakshman sought the blessings of Goddess Durga for his victory. He performed puja to the goddess Durga to awaken Her during the uncustomary time of autumn and hence the puja was known as Akaal Bodhan.
The colors and intricate work classify the painting as a splendid effort by the artist. Vibrant colours of the painting create a dazzling effect. The jewelleries and ornamentation on the body and garments of the figures are created by fine white lines. This painting will add beauty and brightness to your ethnic corner at your home- in the living room.
- Size: 8.3 Inch x 11.7 Inch
- Price is for framed painting.
- Handpainted in Bengal Pattachitra (Patua) style on paper with cloth backing.
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Brass chain at the back to hang the framed painting on the wall and to make sure it stays on the wall for years to come
- Artist: Suman Chitrakar
Artist- The painting is done by Suman Chitrakar, the Patua Artist from West Bengal.