Kataka-Mukha | Dance Hasta Mudra
Kataka-Mukha Hand Mudra | Bronze is inspired by the Kataka-Mukha Mudra hand gesture. This wall décor is a perfect gift for spiritual seekers, students and teachers of yoga and Indian Dance, scholars and lay people, and anyone interested in the rich cultural heritage of Indian mudras!
- Hand Mudra Décor is made of bronze.
- Each hand mudra is elegantly mounted on a solid wood base.
- Ready to hang.
- Can be used as a wall décor to add an ethnic taste to your home.
- Can be considered as a gift option for your loved ones.
- It's a unique piece of craft.
- Suitable for Home Décor, Dance School Décor, Office Décor and Gifting purposes.
- Care instructions: Wipe it with a soft, dry cloth.
This mudra is used to show picking flowers, holding a pearl necklace or a garland of flowers, drawing a bow, offering betel leaves, preparing the paste of mask and sandal etc. by rubbing them against something, applying scent, speech and glancing.
About Craft- The Swamimalai bronze icons are made by the artists known as the ‘Sthapathis' of a small village on the banks of River Cauvery - SWAMIMALAI - located seven kms from the Temple Town of Kumbakonam. Swamimalai is famous for South Indian Bronze moorthy making, and the artisans here have been following a tradition that is several centuries old. The Highlight of the moorthy manufacture in Swamimalai is the usage of the ancient method called the Madhuchishtavidhana or lost-wax method (cire perdue) a skill passed on for generations since the Chola period. A science that finds reference in the Rig Veda & Silpa Sasthira, this age-old method spells precision, technique and aesthetics while adhering to the firmly laid down standards and principles.