Mahishasura Mardini | Bengal Patachitra Painting | A3 Frame
This framed A3 size Bengal Patachitra painting is inspired by the mythological story of Durga - the vanquisher of Mahishasura - the buffalo demon. 'Mahisasuramardini' the warrior goddess bears weapons and fights demons and restores order in the universe. The battle marks the victory of good over evil. It is all about symbolism and it calls on us mortals to have faith in god to dispel all our troubles, and all misfortune the way she destroyed the evil demon. Finally at the end of the battle Devi Durga forgave Mahishasura. The painting portrays Durga as a Shakti - supreme feminine force.
The detailing in Goddess Durga's figure brings in character and strength to the painting. The colors and intricate work classify the painting as a splendid effort by the artist. The jewelleries and ornamentation on the body and garments of the figures are created by fine white lines. This painting will add beauty and brightness to your ethnic corner at your home- in the living room.
- Size: 11.69 Inch x 16.53 Inch
- Price is for framed painting.
- Handpainted in Bengal Pattachitra (Patua) style on paper with cloth backing.
- Painted with Natural colours made by the artist.
- Brass chain at the back to hang the framed painting on the wall and to make sure it stays on the wall for years to come
- Artist: Suman Chitrakar
Artist- The painting is done by Suman Chitrakar, the Patua Artist from West Bengal.