Pune | Aga Khan Palace | Jigsaw Puzzle | 80 pieces
A 80-piece jigsaw puzzle, made from pictures of the Aga Khan Palace and the city's top tourist attraction.
- This 80 piece puzzle spreads out to a A3 size when completed.
- Piece your favourite city's landmark together with this jigsaw puzzle.
- This puzzle will make a fun challenge for all ages.
- Perfect gift for a true Punekar.
- Perfect as a traveler's gift for the one who is fascinated by Pune city.
Kit Contents -
- 1 Puzzle of 80 pieces - Made of printed paper board die cut.
- 1 sample reference sheet
- 1 story card
Design Inspiration -
The product is inspired by the Aga Khan Palace of Pune.
The Aga Khan Palace, a majestic monument steeped in history, stands as a poignant reminder of India's struggle for independence. Nestled amidst the bustling city of Pune, Maharashtra, the palace holds a unique place in the hearts of Indians, particularly due to its association with Mahatma Gandhi, the revered leader of India's freedom movement.
- A Testament to Charity and Resilience
- A Palace Transformed into a Prison
- A Shrine to Gandhi's Legacy
- A Museum of Memories
- A Symbol of National Importance
PUNE - a city in Maharashtra, India nestled on the Deccan Plateau on top of the Sahyadri Range of the Western Ghats is known by many monikers - Cultural City, Oxford of the East, Cradle of Military Leadership, Automobile & IT Hub! It became an important part of the struggle against the Mughals with Chattarapati Shivaji’s leadership. Later under Peshwa Rule the Maratha Empire spread far and wide over the Indian Subcontinent.
The Swarajya struggle against the British Empire was later led by Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Lokmanya Tilak and others making Pune an important part of the Freedom Struggle. Many Social Movements for Girl’s education, Widow Remarriage and Equality were led by Jyotiba & Savitribai Phule, Dhondu Keshav Karve and Agarkar. Pune continues to be a center of many political and social movements to this day with its many civic conscious citizens and NGOs.
From the 1960s Pune and its twin township of Pimpri-Chinchwad became an important Industrial Center in India, especially around the Automobile Industry. It continues to be an Auto Hub with many of the Indian and international Auto Majors having their presence. Since the 1990s, Pune also emerged as an important center for the Information Technology industry.