SATTRIYA | Dance Souvenir
Nurtured by the Vasihnav Sattras of Assam.
Sattriya dance figurine souvenir/memento/ trophy/ award to people who are experts of the art form OR for people who are good at or love the dance. This dance souvenir has extensive application in various dance award ceremonies meant for corporate houses, governmental organizations, and cultural associations. Or just get one for your home, study or office desk!
India is one culturally rich country, where almost every state has its own language, cuisine, and dance forms. India has traditional, classical, folk and tribal dance styles and all are simply amazing. All the incredible classical dances originated in the country during the ancient times.
Sattriya dance, a 500-year-old dance form, is an artistic way of presenting mythological teachings to the people in an enjoyable and accessible manner with the aim of a unified, classless society. This dance-drama performance of art has its origins in the Krishna-centered Vaishnavism and attributed to the 15th century Bhakti movement scholar, social reformer and saint, Srimanta Sankardev.
The basic stance of the dance called Purush Pak for males and Prakriti Pak for females sets Sattriya apart from other dance forms. This dance incorporates various elements from local traditions and other folk dances of the region. Sattriya is regulated by a set of strictly constituted principles with regards to the hasta mudras (hand gestures), aharyas, footwork, music and so on. The percussion used in Sattriya is called a Khol.
- SATTRIYA | Dance Souvenir is a dance award memento made of iron with brass coating.
- It elegantly mounted on a solid wood base.
- A metal (brass) plate is attached to the wooden base of the trophy and is engraved with words "SATTRIYA Nurtured by the Vasihnav Sattras of Assam"
- It's a unique piece of craft.
- Suitable for Home Décor, Dance School Décor, Office Décor and Gifting purposes.
- A perfect gift for a Sattriya Dancer!
- Care instructions: Wipe it with a soft, dry cloth.