Violin | Wooden Miniature
Violin is a four stringed instrument played with a bow. Violin plays a prominent role in carnatic music. Violin has been introduced to Carnatic music during the end of 18th century and start of 19th century. Violin became popular with the Carnatic parlance not only as the accompaniment, but also as a solo instrument.
The ancestor of the Violin is believed to be the Ravanahatha, a folk instrument of Rajasthan, in India. Ravanahatha, is said to have originated during the time of Ravana, the mighty king of Lanka. According to mythology, Ravana was an ardent devotee of Lord Siva. He played on the Ravanhatta as a musical offering to the Lord. The violin has often been described as a musical bridge between Europe and India, as it is the only European instrument that has been successfully integrated into Indian classical music. Although the construction of the violin is the same in Indian and Western music, the tuning, playing posture, and techniques are quite different.
This miniature musical instrument narrates the fascinating story of India’s musical heritage. A perfect gift for musician!
- Made from assorted woods such as Ghora-neem (Melia azedarach), Gamar (Gmelina arborea), Akashmoni (Acacia auriculiformis), teak wood and other local wood.
- Features a smooth rounded body with wood knobs and steel strings (four), lined with an intricate pattern.
- It elegantly mounted on a solid wood base.
- It's a unique piece of craft.
- It's an ideal product to be gifted to any music lover.
- Suitable for Home Decor, Music School Decor, Office Decor and Gifting purposes.
- Care Instruction: Wipe it Clean With Soft & Dry Cloth
India has a rich musical history with its very own musical instruments. Some instruments are used primarily in North Indian music (Hindustani Sangeet), some are used in the south Indian music (Carnatic Sangeet), while others are found in folk music. The music of ancient India has its roots from the many indigenous instruments that gained wide use at the time such as the seven-holed flute and various stringed instruments.
A few artisans of Midnapore, West Bengal make these miniature music instruments with all detailing and fine work to ensure the end product is an exact replica. This miniature instrument is handcrafted from solid well-seasoned wood with excellent craftsmanship of woodcarving.
The product was so delicate and defective that just while unboxing the same, it broke. Really disappointed. Can you help me with replacement or refund?